Thursday, January 29, 2015

Some Love and some Washi Love

What better way to start a card then with some Washi Tape.
 I actually got this tape on clearance after Christmas but since I am such a huge fan of this plaid look, I knew I would use it all year.  I thought it fit pretty cute for Valentines day.  
 After I placed a few torn strips of the tape on my paper, I cut out the heart using a die from Simon Says Stamp.  I also cut out that same heart shape from some silver glitter paper and so I placed the glitter heart in the place of the cut out plaid heart.  That adorable little moose is from Paper Source and the "love" is a die from Lawn Fawn also cut from the silver glitter paper.  
I so love this inspiration photo for the Stampin' Celebrations challenge and thought my card fit in well here.
It also fits the CAS(e) this sketch.
It also fits the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge of Anything Goes.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

9 comments:

  1. Can I just say that your style is amazing? Every time I stop by I'm hit with graphic, bold designs! Case it point! Love the plaid and that grungy heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That plaid washi tape is awesome and works perfectly as a background! Love the added sparkle too. Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the plaid tape as well! I also love anything plaid. Great idea to use it for valentine's day! Wonderful way to extend the life of plaid (beyond Christmas and winter). Thanks for playing along with the Stampin' Celebration inspiration challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I thought that die cut was embossed on top of your washi tape. Now I am wondering what would happen if I tried to emboss on washi tape. :) Thank you for playing along in the Stampin' Celebration challenge and explaining how you designed your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This plaid is perfect for a valentine! I love it. Thank you so much for joining us in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, WOW, WOW, that Plaid and that die Linda, FAB!! =Genius!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Stampin Celebration!! Come on by and see our NEW challenge, you will love it!!!!
    Hope I see you join in too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great to see your lovely card in the CTS gallery Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that plaid is fabulous! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete