Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Yellow and Gray Goodness

I wanted to use the current Fusion challenge so of course, I created a card.
 The Fusion challenge includes a sketch and an inspiration photo, you can use one or both and so I went with both.  It was fun to try to get the color gray to be a good portion of my card.  
 Once again, I went with some watercolor paper.  I stamped the flower stamp from Tim Holtz with white ink and embossed it with white embossing powder.  These embossed lines of the image will now act as a resist to the inks I add.  I went with a variety of Distress Stains.  When they are spritzed with water, the colors run and mingle.  To get the gray I used black, brushed pewter and pumice stone.  The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti.

Here is the Fusion challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

4 comments:

  1. Soooooooo gorgeous! Those colors are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda your flowers almost appear as gorgeous fireworks to my eye at first glance ... beautiful water-coloring!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the watercoloring over your pretty embossed blooms Linda - a beautiful card! thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the graphic and bold feel of this! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete