Sunday, May 3, 2015

You Are The Best

What a neat sentiment to encourage a friend.  It's from a set of stamps with a matching die from Simon Says Stamp.

 And, it just goes with these colorful flowers.  I randomly stamped the flower stamp by Tim Holtz over a piece of watercolor paper using white ink and white embossing powder. 
 Next I took various Distress Stains and added the inks to the flowers.  I did spritz my paper first with water, that helps the inks run and mingle.  I can't get enough of playing with these inks like this.  After I added the inks here and then I walked away from my piece to allow it to dry.  Coming back to look at it is always magical!!! 
 I used the Colour Q combo to determine my colors of inks.
And, I used the retro sketch for my card layout.
And it also fits the Anything Goes Simon Says Stamp challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Linda! It's so pretty and I love how you've coloured the flowers with distress stains.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I think I might need this stamp set...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! This is beautiful! I love what you've done with Distress products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can certainly see why this was featured over at SSS...absolutely stunning card, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Linda, this card is amazing! I love the rich and vibrant colors! Congrats on being spotted by Simon Says Stamp! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, this is such a beautiful card. So eyecatching. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning. I recognize your style right away! Congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I have that stamp and am now looking at it in a whole new way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats it is truly a stunning card:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous floral card, Linda. The colour combination really works. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous card! Congrats on being "spotted"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my goodness! This is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love how this turned out! Your colours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete