Thursday, June 18, 2015

Favorite Techniques

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is to use your favorite technique.
 I have so many favorite so narrowing it down is hard but I would say my most favorite right now is stamping an image with white ink and embossing it with white embossing powder on watercolor paper and then adding color with Distress Stains or Distress inks.  This is always one of the "wow" moments as the inks reveal the white embossed lines.  To say a favorite product, high on the list are Distress Inks.  I almost think I could only have those inks and be happy but not quite, I like variety.  The flower is a Tim Holtz stamp.
 My resulting card actually shows off some of my other favorite techniques.  One is using stencils.  Here I used some Golden Soft Gel Gloss instead of embossing paste.  The dried design of the Soft Gel acts as a resist after I added more Distress Stains, again on watercolor paper.  I also used a Paper Smooches die to cut out the word "wonderful".  I am crazy for dies right now, especially words for a card sentiment.  
 Here is the Colour Me color combination that I used on my card. 
And here is the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

6 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! Super wow! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, your flower is beautiful.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

  4. Absolutely gorgeous, Linda! I love the technique you used for your background and the flower is so striking. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smoke Linda... This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the techniques you've described, and want to five the gel a whirl. That flower looks real... just amazing art. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete