Friday, July 10, 2015

 It's time for another Just Us Girls challenge and another week that I have to opportunity to be a guest there.  Challenge #301 is to use GOLD.  Gold on a card or project has been pretty hot for some time so I loved the chance to add it to my card. 
 I used some gold embossing powder and some metallic gold cardstock to cut my word die.  But, first off, I created a simple background with some Distress Stains on watercolor paper.  I love to touch a few colors to my piece of paper, give it a spritz of water and then walk away and leave it to dry.  I am always amazed at the results when I come back to work with my piece. 
I used an Altenew flower and a leaf sprig by Waltzing Mouse.  I stamped the flower with white ink and embossed that with white embossing powder on warercolor paper.  For my coloring I simply touched the stamped flower with some Distress Stains.  This is such a fun way to add color.  The word die is from Winnie & Walter.  
Be sure to play along at Just Us Girls.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

8 comments:

  1. The gold looks fabulous with that pretty water colored bg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beautiful background colors. The gold really pops....lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background and the pearls. The gold embossed sentiment looks fabulous. Another great card as our Guest at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, this is gorgeous! I love that background with the gold sentiment and leaves on that pretty flower. You are definitely rocking the GD spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sensational card this week Linda! Love those gold leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Linda! I love the gold leaves and your watercolored background too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Linda! Love the water colored background, and it really makes the flower and leaves pop!

    ReplyDelete