Sunday, July 12, 2015

Two shades of blue and some roses

Time to play....
 And when I get to play a little bit I turn to online challenges for my inspiration.  For this card I used three different challenges, the first one being the Repeat challenge at CAS-ology.  I wanted to make a statement and yet keep my card very simple.  I picked up some of my favorite flower stamps by Altenew.  After I stamped the outline of the flowers, I stamped the base of the flowers with the two shades of blue in the Colour Me challenge with Distress Stamp pads on watercolor paper.  A spritz of water helped the inks to run a bit.  
I used my brand new dotted label die set from Lil' Inkers Designs. The size of die I used cut both of these pieces.  I mounted the inside one with foam tape for a little bit of dimension.  The sentiment is by Heidi Swapp, plus a few Liquid Pearl dots.  

 Here is the Colour Me challenge.
 Here is the CAS-ology challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

8 comments:

  1. One of my favourite flower sets too Linda! I like what the spritzing has done to the ink, very artsy! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers CAS! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Linda, I'm so glad you added this to our gallery! It's ever so pretty! Love those blooms to bits! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Linda! Love this gorgeous multi-stamped flower. Spritzing them just a little creates an airy feel to them. And I love the added colour on your card base peaking out from behind your layers of dotty goodness. :) Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you achieved this water colour look with the stamps! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous. I love how you did the water color look with those flowers, and each one is perfectly placed. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a gorgeous card :) loved the layering your did :) Thanks your sharing card at Colour Me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty!!! I like the color on the base as well as the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete